STATEMENT OF FAITH
The sole basis for our faith is the Holy Bible, the infallible Word of God consisting of both the Old and New Testaments. Inspired by the Holy Spirit, the Bible is the supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and practice. We believe:
1. There is one true God, eternally existing in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of Deity, and the characteristics of personality.
2. Jesus Christ is God, the living Word, who was incarnated by the Holy Spirit and Virgin Mary. Jesus was fully God and fully man, comprised of two natures, but one person.
3. The Father sent Jesus, who lived a sinless life, to make a substitutionary atonement for our sins by dying on the cross thus satisfying divine justice, and was resurrected that all those who believe may have eternal life.
4. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father, and being the only mediator between God and humanity, continually intercedes on our behalf.
5. God created Adam and Eve in His image and likeness, but they rebelled against God and sinned, which separated them from God bringing spiritual death to them and their descendants.
6. We are all born physically alive but spiritually dead in our trespasses and sins. Therefore we all need forgiveness and for our spirits to be united with God through the Holy Spirit.
7. We are born again spiritually when we receive Christ, and are now alive in Christ. We are saved by the grace of God through faith that results in good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should do.
8. Our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit. Those who have the Son have life, and those who don’t have the Son don’t have life. God has written that we may know that we have eternal life. His Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.
9. The Holy Spirit is the Lord and the giver of life. He convicts the world of sin, and guides and empowers believers, that we might live a righteous life, and bear fruit to the glory of God. By the grace of God we can fulfil the Great Commandment to love God and others and the Great Commission to make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
10. Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, His Body, to whom He gave ministers according to Ephesians 4:11 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith.
11. We gather together to worship God in Spirit and in Truth, and partake of the body and blood of Christ in Holy Communion.
12. We believe that God created us male and female and that marriage is a sacred union between one male and one female.
13. We believe that Satan was a created being who fell from heaven and became the god of this world. He rules the kingdom of darkness through a demonic hierarchy who continually tempt, accuse and deceive the whole world. Jesus came to undo the works of the devil, and transfer us out of the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of God’s beloved Son.
14. At physical death, true believers separate from their earthly bodies but are present with God, and eagerly await the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come.
15. At physical death the unbeliever’s name will not be found in the Lamb’s book
of life at the final judgement, and will be eternally separated from God.
16. Jesus will come again in power and glory to consummate the end of the ages.